The cornerstone of the Student Fellowship is a seminar series with faculty and staff affiliates that spans a diverse range of real-world disinformation topics, including election security, race and disinformation, and health misinformation. Led by experts from academia, journalism, government, and industry, students engage with rapidly evolving problems from multiple perspectives to understand complex problem sets and explore potential solutions.
- Claire Wardle, Founder & Executive Director of First Draft News
- Jonathan Zittrain, George Bemis Professor of International Law at Harvard Law School
- Gowri Ramachandran and Ian Vandewalker, Brennan Center for Justice
- Bruce Schneier, Harvard Kennedy School
- Jane Lytvynenko, BuzzFeed News
- Jennifer Nilsen, Research Fellow with Joan Donovan, Shorenstein Center for Media, Politics, and Public Policy at Harvard University
- Professor Nien-hê Hsieh, Harvard Business School
- Naima Green-Riley, PhD Candidate in Government at Harvard University
- Thomas Rid, Professor of Strategic Studies at Johns Hopkins SAIS
- Nat Gynes and Megan Marelli, Meedan
- Additional speakers TBA
Zenzele Best, the Program Coordinator for Assembly: Disinformation, wrote about the fall semester of Assembly here.